Start Writing

Start Writing
Stop Writer's Block

Monday, April 28, 2008

Sixty Writing Ideas

Have a question? Agree, disagree, with me?
Leave me your opinion.

Here are 60, free, writing topics, ideas. They can
be used in fiction, non-fiction, poems, and essays.

Look at a writing topic. How would you write about
it? Turn the topic upside down. Any new ideas come
to mind? What popped in your mind when you looked
at a specific topic? Write from the viewpoint of another
person in regard to an idea.

Allow your creative side to mold the topic. Let all
your senses in.

1. The birds chirped at dawn, everyday
2. He toppled backward after witnessing the murder
3. Someone hollered, "Fire."
4. The actions of a few made them, all, look guilty
5. The rabbit and cat napped together
6. Memories of that day haunt me
7. When I look at the ocean it reminds me
8. That sound took my mind
9. The smell of flowers
10. The worse day in history

11. Depression is
12. Writers
13. When the cow
14 A friend stands
15. Blue reminds me of
16. Celebration happens
17. Winter
18. Hats are made
19. It's time to
20. Waste disposal is

21. Coffee drinkers
22. Tea is best brewed
23. Beer is taken
24. Cola tastes
25. Milks flows in a
26. Alcoholic beverages are better during
27. The lemon juice splatter
28. Grape juice is
29. Water swirls in
30. Chocolate milk tends to

31. My last encounter with him showed
32. The last breath he took sent
33. She delivered several
34. They swung
35. People, first, must stand for something, or
36. The activities planned by them
37. She trembled with
38. The child broke all the
39. It wasn't him
40. Someone or something took over

41. Darkness melted into
42. The quiet summer night
43. The Spring breeze tapped against my
44. The warmth of the sunshine didn't help
45. Fear caught us in the cold, damp, basement
46. The snow rumbled, rolled, toward us
47. Rain fell on the tree as it hit the
48. The wind blasted the door open as we slept
49. Ice dropped from the sky
50. Froth slid across the beach as we

51. The day my sister arrived
52. The brothers in that family is
53. Brothers and sisters
54. His younger sister slapped
55. Their sisters caught the
56. We laughed at her brother at first
57. Only, his sister enabled
58. The brothers are
59. My sister had a long walk before
60. Sisters in name only
Take the idea, make it yours.

I'm going to take an idea and develop it.
I'll work with idea 2.

I dragged in after a long day at work, dug in my
hand-bag for the keys. I glanced up to see the
front door open.

"What is going on?" I ran toward the steps.

A man, unknown to me, stepped out of my house.
My brother, Jack, backed out of the front door.
He stared at me, and toppled down the stairs.

"Jack! Jack!" I shook him.

I rushed in the house to dial 911, but...

See how one idea spins off into a chapter
start, opening, in fiction?

Stir in more than one idea in your plot. Make
it interesting.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings fellow blogger. I really enjoyed the SIXTY WRITING IDEAS article.

#31 instantly helped me deal with a recent heartbreaking situation.

'SAD BUT TRUE STORY ABOUT MY SO CALLED GIRLFRIEND'

Example

My last encounter with her showed me where I stand. I walked up the stairs, knocked, but she did'nt even open in the door.She did however she did reply that her "baby's father" was in the house. So many emotions kicking in at one time is hard to describe, but it did kick in some common sense, like...., JUST WALK AWAY!


Your blog lifted my spirits up when I was a little down.

Thank You,
THE GREAT GHOSTWRITER
www.thegreatghostwriter.blogspot.com

Critique and Write said...

The Great Ghostwriter,

I'm glad you stopped by. It, always, makes me feel
good when my work, suggestion, helped someone.

It couldn't have been easy, but I'm sure you're stronger
for having gone through it. Remember, when one door
closes another opens. Maybe, not a door but a window.

Blog Archive

The Writer

The Writer
Word Master-Pieces

Labels