Start Writing

Start Writing
Stop Writer's Block

Friday, December 7, 2012

Jovan Belcher: Domestic Violence?

Have a question? Agree, disagree, with me? Leave me your opinion. Domestic violence is reported in connection with Jovan Belcher's name , the football player. The mind-set that freed him to shoot and kill the the mother of his 3-month-old daughter can't easily be explained. It's reported that earlier Belcher had been spotted outside of another woman's place. Police woke him up as he slept in his car. At home, Belcher and 22-year-old Kasandra Perkins argued. Did Perkns question Belcher about another woman? Where was he? Financial problems? Perhaps, substance abuse issues? Maybe, Perkins decided not to take anymore. Belcher vowed to never do violence against women, what happened? My question: What happens in life that makes a person kill for control?

2 comments:

Judaye said...

I don't know why Belcher killed his girlfriend and himself. Maybe he was mentally ill. It seems a rage rose up in him he couldn't or didn't want to control.

Also, Belcher wanted to hurt his mother. He killed himself in front of her and of course she's devastated. Why? Like I said, I don't know. This kind of behavior horrifies and puzzles me.

Critique and Write said...

Judaye, I'm sure metal issues played a part, but I believe he rose up to maintain control.

Devastated can't explain his mother's feelings, in my opinion.

Hopefully, his mother and all those touched by this find peace.

Blog Archive

The Writer

The Writer
Word Master-Pieces

Labels