Start Writing

Start Writing
Stop Writer's Block

Saturday, May 23, 2009

MY Bout With The Internet


I couldn't get an Internet connection.
The Internet's modem kept blinking,
but wouldn't connect.

I called Comcast. The representative
was present.

A week later, the technician
arrived.

He stole our box(modem) that
my son paid for.

I wasn't sure which box my
son acquired on the sell-n-buy
anything web site. At the time,
he was away at college.

"I can only get in Comcast
boxes." The technician
fibbed. "If it wasn't ours
I couldn't get in it."

The next day or so, the
Internet connection went
down again.

Now, my son arrived home
from college, and telephoned
Comcast. He explained
about the stolen box.

Comcast should have just
referred him to Never-Never
Land.

"Why?" You asked.

The information was
useless.

Comcast scheduled
a visit two days after
my son called.

Now, while my son was on
the telephone with Comcast,
he was able to get on the
Internet. After he hung-up,
the connection was gone.

I tried to get an Internet
connection every-day it
was down.

On a random day, I tried to
get on the Internet. It allowed
me, and then disconnected.

Sometimes, I was able to
get a connection, but it would
immediately disconnect.

One time, I was in chat when
the Internet stopped working.

Actually, I kept the connection
to chat, but everything else
failed.

"What do you mean?" You
questioned.

I was explaining my problems
with the Internet in chat. I'd
log-on, but the connection
disappeared within seconds.
I was telling those in chat how
Internet Explorer wasn't making
a connection.

"Reboot." Someone
suggested.

I did.

Still, I was able to get into
chat, but Internet Explorer
refused to connect. Or,
it didn't connect.

Without warning, I was
kicked out of chat.

I re-booted, and my
Internet connection was no
more.

My family grilled that
Saturday.

The next day, Sunday,
Comcast was scheduled
to come fix the Internet
connection.

"There's a Comcast truck
parking across the street."
My son stared.

"They must be fixing someone's
cable service," I replied. "I'll
be glad when our service is
repaired."

Soon after, we cleared everything
away.

"The Internet is on." Someone
informed me.

"Probably for minutes at a time
until it's fixed." I continued with
the dishes.

"My Internet is on." My son
said.

So, my son waited for the
appointment day to cancel.

He was told that the appointment
had been canceled. The technician
took care of the problem yesterday.

Now, I had no idea that
Comcast fixed our Internet
connection the day before.

My mind spun-out a possible
writing idea. Take a look.

Connection To Internet
666.

A character logs on to
the dark side of the
Internet. He/she is
unable to connect to
Yahoo, Twitter, Google,
etc.

In closing, my down
Internet connection
inspired a writing idea.
Sometimes, writing ideas
come from anywhere,
everywhere.

No comments:

Blog Archive

The Writer

The Writer
Word Master-Pieces

Labels