Start Writing

Start Writing
Stop Writer's Block

Sunday, May 31, 2009

To Write, Or Not


Have a question? Agree, disagree,
with me? Leave me your opinion.

"Id like to be a writer, but
I can't find the time." I've
heard several say.

It's a must to push pass
excuses for not writing.
There are two choices for
you. They are to write, or
not.

Don't give yourself any
excuses as to why you
aren't writing.

Instead, find time to
jot ideas down. Later,
edit, and explore the
idea.

Set your alarm one hour
or two earlier to get writing
time. Scribble notes down
on a break, at lunch. Try
idea gathering as you
commute home, before bed,
or while relaxing in front of
the television.

You witnessed an interesting
event? Heard idea provoking
chat as you passed several
people? Take a few moments
to write your thoughts down.
It counts as writing time.

Let's look at why passionate
writers are successful.

Passionate writers are
successful, because they find
time to write.

Passionate writers squeeze-
out some portion of their day
for writing, and so must you.

Perhaps, the time you spend
in the bathroom is your writing
get-a-way.

Have a writing session as you
enjoy coffee, tea, or orange
juice.

Think of reasons to write.
It frees you. Enlightens
you? You have something
to contribute to the world?
It stresses you down? You
have a story to tell.

Get into the habit of
writing at the same time.
This good habit is practiced
everyday. Stay there a
minimum of two hours.
This is your time.

Bring inspiration. Inspiration
is a quote, favorite book,
poem that needs your touch,
or a note to yourself.

A possible note: I will write
at four o'clock. Repeat it
to yourself throughout the
day.

It becomes a goal, something
to look forward to. A dream
in the making. Connect to it,
realize your potential.

Look at a possible
writing idea from my life.

The city I live in gave me a
fine.

"Why?" You asked.

The fine was for litter.
Yes, litter.

I place my trash bags out
every week, at the same
time. This is a habit, like
brushing my teeth.

On a particular day, a violation
notice was pushed in my door.

I paid the violation.

Now, three and four weeks
after payment, the city is still
sending me a bill.

I'm being billed for the original
fine, and penalty. The penalty
is as much as the original bill.

I referenced it to point-out
the fact that life gives us
writing ideas.

There are endless ideas
running to my mind about
the litter fine.

Find the passion in you,
and don't make excuses
for not writing.

In closing, push pass
writing excuses by
doing the simple act of
writing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Marcella,

Hi,This is Glen. I too have a blogspot account.

I chanced upon your blog and found it quite interesting. For a very long time I am toying on the idea of writing a fiction or a whodunit. I dont know how to write one even though i have some ideas. I have never written a book till date and I want your help and assitance. Will you help me please?

Glen

Critique and Write said...

First, thank you for taking the
time to visit my blog.

How did you chance upon
my blog?

I'd like to hear more about
your new writing venture,
and how specifically is my
help required?

Blog Archive

The Writer

The Writer
Word Master-Pieces

Labels