Start Writing

Start Writing
Stop Writer's Block

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Interview: Master It

Have a question? Agree, disagree,
with me? Leave me your opinion.

The time has come in life when a job
change is needed, the current employer
down-sized, or you out-grew a job
position. A search high and low turned
up a job interview. Be prepared. Take
time to visit the organization's web
site. Look at the mission statement.

The mission statement explains an
organization's purpose.

The mission statement cited that the
organization is going green, for example.

Refer to it in an answer that you'd like
to share in the experience. Or, pick
another point to stir-up an answer with.
Always, be upbeat.

Your answers should reflect a positive
attitude.

The interview day arrived. Don't focus on
how nervous you are.

Arrive at the interview, at least, forty-
five minutes earlier than your appointment
time. It gives you an opportunity to
freshen-up, and get comfortable in your
new surroundings.

Take a deep breath before the interview,
several. Organize your thoughts, and
avoid using slang words.

The word money isn't uttered from your
lips. Push the following unit of words,
thoughts, out of your mind. Any idea
when I'll get a pay-raise? Although,
maintain eye contact.

Be respectful of those you encounter.

"Good morning." A person rushed by you.

Some would say nothing, but respond
with a greeting. It could be your
interviewer.

Below are possible questions.

Why are you looking for employment?

I'm looking to share my experiences
with a new organization, and learn
new skills.

What do you want to share?

I'm organized, detail oriented, and
communicate well.

A supplier contacted my office about
an order. I was able to pull-up the
necessary information on the computer
system, and explain how payment was
mis-applied. I followed up with the
proper department. What are your
weaknesses?

I have a tendency to arrive for work
before my shift begins. My goal is to
exceed the quota, but after listening
to co-workers slowed the practice. Why
did you leave your last job?

It's not a good idea to remark badly
about your former manager, co-workers.

Tell the truth. It's possible you didn't
like your former manager. There's no
need to share it in the interview.

I reached my potential there, and want
to explore a new career. Be yourself
during the interview.

There is a question that spreads panic,
but stay calm.

The question is:
Why were you fired from your previous
job?

My experiences, qualifications, weren't
appreciated. However, I feel your
organization can benefit from them.
Is there anything you'd like to add,
ask?

I read in your mission statement about
your company going green. I like the
concept, and want to share in it.

A job interview is mastered when you're
prepared, and organized.

Source: http://newsblaze.com/story/20100222155128writ.nb/topstory.html

No comments:

Blog Archive

The Writer

The Writer
Word Master-Pieces

Labels