Start Writing

Start Writing
Stop Writer's Block

Monday, December 27, 2010

WikiLeaks Founder's $1.3 Million Book Deal

Have a question? Agree, disagree,
with me? Leave me your opinion.

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has
a $1.3 million book deal to cover legal
costs relating to his arrest and lawsuits
directed at his whistle blowing web site.

"I don't want to write this book, but I
have to," he told the Sunday Times. "I
have already spent £200,000 for legal
fees and I need to defend myself and to
keep WikiLeaks afloat."

The book will be published in the U.S. by
the Alfred A. Knopf publishing house, part
of the Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group at
Random House, and British publisher Canongate.

Assange told the British newspaper that he
will receive $800,000 from Knopf and about
$502,000 from Canongate.

WikiLeaks came under financial strain when
Paypal, MasterCard and Visa cut off all
processing of donations to the web site.
According to Assange, the web site has
lost approximately $650,000 since the
funding was stopped. The web site was
receiving approximately $130,000 in
daily donations.

Source: http://newsblaze.com/story/20101227071913writ.nb/topstory.html

3 comments:

Critique and Write said...

I'd like a book deal like this one.

Judaye said...

Marcella, do you know what the subject matter of the book will be?

Critique and Write said...

Judaye, I don't have specific details on the book deal.

Blog Archive

The Writer

The Writer
Word Master-Pieces

Labels