Start Writing

Start Writing
Stop Writer's Block

Monday, July 4, 2011

Inspire-cise

Have a question? Agree, disagree,
with me? Leave me your opinion.

Exercise to Inspire Writing

I'm always looking for writer
inspired exercises, methods,
techniques. I stumbled on
inspire-cise, like to take credit
for its creation, by free writing.

Free writing, as you know, is
scribbling down anything that
comes to mind.

Inspire-cise can be used for
writing fiction, non-fiction or
poems.

Inspire-cise uses your living-space,
anything within that space, to
inspire writing. Inspire-cise is
a writing exercise that's easy
and fun to work with.

Let's get started. Look within
your living-space for an inspired
writing idea.

Living-space is a room, car,
trailer, cabin, house or basement.
Focus on the difference that makes
your space unique. Is there something
in your living-space that has to be
written about, or you have specific
knowledge to share.

A step-by-step guide to building
a shelf, replacing a floor or earning
money as a window washer is under
inspire-cise.

Sometimes, your creative flow, attention,
lands on a fixture that ends in a
writing idea.

My eyes ran to the window, within my
living-space. The window isn't big,
but not average size either. The
following took shape.

I yawned several times as wind driven
rain tapped at the window pane. My
clock beamed two thirty a. m.

"Take today off." A voice in the depths
of my mind said.

I splashed back onto the bed and
pondered if Darkid would execute his
threats against my employer, Burger Mart.

Darkid worked every position at Burger
Mart, even the manager's job. What
happened to turn Darkid on Burger Mart?

My buzzing cell phone broke into my
thoughts, and the caller was Darkid.

"Don't do it, Darkid."

"Do what?"

"Everybody knows about your threats."

He laughed.

The line went dead.

My creative flow mixed window into
paragraphs of fiction, to move in any
direction or path.

Often, you'll begin inspire-cise with
one thought, and end with new thoughts.

Inspire-cise works with old and current
writing ideas too.

It's done by selecting a word, phrase
or line that's related to the subject.
Simply, start writing about the word,
phrase or line. Focus on the unique
aspect of the subject or just write.

Sit the writing project aside when
you're done. Go-back in a day or two.
You'll be refreshed and ready to
work with the new writing ideas.

Inspire-cise is a writing exercise
that uses your living-space, anything
within that space, to inspire writing.

Source: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/8184945/inspirecise.html?cat=4#comments

1 comment:

Critique and Write said...

Inspire-cise should be looked at as a writer's tool.

Blog Archive

The Writer

The Writer
Word Master-Pieces

Labels