Start Writing

Start Writing
Stop Writer's Block

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Published: March 08, 2011

Have a question? Agree, disagree,
with me? Leave me your opinion.

Conservative legal watch-dog group,
Judicial Watch, filed a lawsuit
Monday against Florida Democratic
congressman Alcee Hastings, accused
him of sexually harassing a one
time female staffer during an
assignment to Vienna, Austria.

"My comments will be limited since
I have not seen the complaint filed
in U.S. District Court by Judicial
Watch. I have seen a draft complaint
prepared by my accuser that contains
numerous inaccuracies and untruths.

"I have never sexually harassed
anyone. In fact, I am insulted that
these ludicrous allegations are being
made against me. When all the facts
are known in this case, the prevailing
sentiment will be, 'How bizarre!'

"I will win this lawsuit. That is a
certainty. In a race with a lie, the
truth always wins. And when the truth
comes to light and the personal
agendas of my accusers are exposed,
I will be vindicated," Alcee Hastings.

Tom Fitton, Judicial Watch president,
during a news conference announced the
lawsuit, stated the alleged harassment
took place for more than two years, and
ended in early 2010 when she left a
staff job with a panel- the Helsinki
Commission, based in Vienna, Austria.

Hastings was chairman of that group at
the time, formally known as the United
States Commission on Security and
Cooperation in Europe.

Source: http://newsblaze.com/story/20110308112342writ.nb/topstory.html

1 comment:

Critique and Write said...

"My comments will be limited since I have not seen the complaint filed in U.S. District Court,” Alcee Hastings.

Blog Archive

The Writer

The Writer
Word Master-Pieces

Labels