Start Writing

Start Writing
Stop Writer's Block

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Interview: Master It

Have a question? Agree, disagree,
with me? Leave me your opinion.

The time has come in life when
a job change is needed, the
current employer down-sized,
or you out-grew a job position.
A search high and low turned up
a job interview. Be prepared.
Take time to visit the
organization's web site. Look
at the mission statement. The
mission statement explains an
organization's purpose.

The mission statement cited
that the organization is going
green, for example.

Refer to it in an answer that
you'd like to share in the
experience. Or, pick another
point to stir-up an answer
with. Always, be upbeat.

Your answers should reflect a
positive attitude.

The interview day arrived.
Don't focus on how nervous
you are.

Arrive at the interview, at
least, forty-five minutes
earlier than your appointment
time. It gives you an opportunity
to freshen-up, and get
comfortable in your new
surroundings.

Take a deep breath before the
interview, several. Organize
your thoughts, and avoid using
slang words.

The word money isn't uttered
from your lips. Push the
following unit of words,
thoughts, out of your mind.
Any idea when I'll get a pay-
raise? Although, maintain eye
contact.

Be respectful of those you
encounter. "Good morning." A
person rushed by you.

Some would say nothing, but
respond with a greeting. It
could be your interviewer.

Below are possible questions.

Why are you looking for
employment?

I'm looking to share my
experiences with a new
organization, and learn
new skills.

What do you want to share?

I'm organized, detail
oriented, and communicate
well.

A supplier contacted my
office about an order. I
was able to pull-up the
necessary information on
the computer system, and
explain how payment was
mis-applied. I followed
up with the proper
department. What are
your weaknesses?

I have a tendency to arrive
for work before my shift
begins. My goal is to exceed
the quota, but after listening
to co-workers slowed the
practice. Why did you leave
your last job?

It's not a good idea to remark
badly about your former manager,
co-workers.

Tell the truth. It's possible
you didn't like your former
manager. There's no need to
share it in the interview.

I reached my potential there,
and want to explore a new
career. Be yourself during
the interview.

There is a question that
spreads panic, but stay calm.

The question is: Why were
you fired from your previous
job?

My experiences, qualifications,
weren't appreciated. However, I
feel your organization can
benefit from them. Is there
anything you'd like to add, ask?

I read in your mission statement
about your company going green.
I like the concept, and want to
share in it.

Source: http://newsblaze.com/story/20100222155128writ.nb/topstory.html

1 comment:

Critique and Write said...

You only get one chance.

Blog Archive

The Writer

The Writer
Word Master-Pieces

Labels